One of the goals that I have set for myself is to run an official marathon in all 50 states by the age of 50. I call it my #50by50 challenge. Pray for me.
I snapped this photo with my iPhone on the day after my 41st birthday while running a marathon in my 12th state. It was a cold, wet, muddy, miserable day.
I loved it.
I love this photo because it reminds me that God has a plan and a purpose for my life. He is leading on a narrow, winding path to where He wants me to be. Life is not always sunshine and roses, and sometimes it would be easy to give up, but God gives us the grace and the strength we need to keep pushing ahead.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.Philippians 3:12–14, ESV
So far on my way to completing this challenge I have had the privilege of running an official marathon in:
- Michigan (Holland Haven Marathon ) September 10, 2017
- Kentucky (Kentucky Derby Marathon) April 28, 2018
- Connecticut (Nutmeg State Marathon) May 17, 2019
- Ohio (Akron Marathon) September 28, 2019
- Delaware (Rehoboth Beach Marathon) December 7, 2019
- Iowa (Main 2 Main Marathon) August 22, 2020
- South Dakota (Deadwood-Mickelson Trail Marathon) June 6, 2021
- Maryland (Baltimore Marathon) October 9, 2021
- Massachusetts (Boston Marathon) October 11, 2021
- Oklahoma – (Route 66 Marathon) November 21, 2021
- Texas (Houston Marathon) January 16, 2022
- West Virginia (Greenbrier River Trail Marathon) October 2, 2022
Want to join me? The marathons I am currently signed up to run in 2023 include:
- North Carolina (Asheville Marathon) March 18, 2023
- Virginia (Charlottesville Marathon) April 1, 2023
- Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh Marathon) May 7, 2023