In less than 24 hours, many of us will be embarking in the epic bonus challenge adventure known as “#5kMayhem“.
What is the 5kMayhem Bonus challenge, you may ask?
To answer this question, I am going to reach back into the archives from my blog from May 27, 2020.
2020 was the first year of the #5kMayhem Bonus Challenge, and here are the seven pieces of instructions that were offered that first year, with slight alterations to make them relevant for the 2022 challenge.
- If you signed up for the #5kMayhem Bonus Challenge at the beginning of #5kMay2022, but now you don’t want to do it—no worries. It will not disqualify you from completing the actual #5kMay2022 challenge.
- If you did NOT sign up for the #5kMayhem Bonus Challenge at the beginning of #5kMay2022, but now you DO want to do it—awesome! Welcome to the land of the living! We are glad to have you!
- The #5kMayhem Bonus Challenge is to complete a 5k walk and / or run every hour on the half hour from 6:30am to 6:30pm on Saturday, May 28, 2022. In simple terms, this is how you should plan your day:
6:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
7:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
8:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
9:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
10:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
11:30am – walk and / or run a 5k
12:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
1:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
2:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
3:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
4:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
5:30pm – walk and / or run a 5k
6:30pm – eat, drink, sleep, and be merry!
- The idea behind the challenge is to be back in time to start another 5k precisely on the half-hour. If you get back with 15-30 minutes to spare, good for you! Rest up and get ready to go again. If you get back with 1 minute to spare, you have roughly 1 minute before your next 5k starts… You get the idea.
- If you finish the challenge, be sure to indicate that on the FINAL CHECK-IN happening on June 1, 2022. Doing so will ensure that you get your #5kMayhem2022 Finisher’s Patch!
- If you DO NOT finish the challenge, hold your head up high and be proud of yourself for trying. It is a massive undertaking, for sure! We are hoping that people will use this opportunity to really push themselves further than they ever thought possible. If you did that, good for you! No patch for you… but still good for your high-effort heart, body, mind, and soul!
- There really is no seventh piece to the #5kMayhem Final Instructions. I just really like the number seven.