Yes, it has been a crazy start to the year, but the 7th Annual JPM 5k & Musik Festival (+ Family Fun Walk!) is headed back to Apple Creek, OH in 2020!
We are making some necessary “social distancing” adjustments to this year’s event, which will make it unique, for sure. Hopefully by 2021 we will be back to business-as-usual, but this year is all about coming together, as best as we can, to have a safe and enjoyable community event.
Social distancing measures include:
- No-contact packet pick-up
- Stagger start (in groups of whatever size is being recommended on August 08)
- The mid-course water station will be eliminated this year, but a bottle of water will be included in your packet
- No-contact post-race food pick-up
- Open air social distancing during the post-race Musik Fest
- BOCO souvenir “JPM” face mask encouraged during family fun walk, but not during 5k
- “Virtual Run Registration” option available
- Musik Fest portion will only be featuring Polen Band this year, so as to minimize contact on stage
These social distancing measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of the participants, as well as to ensure that the event is able to happen. *In the case that the event has to be canceled, beyond our control, all registrations will be transferred to “Virtual Run Registrations”.
August 08, 2020
Schedule of Events:
4:30pm-5:45pm: Packet pick up
5:30pm: Family Fun Walk Start
6:00pm: JPM 5k Race Start
7:00pm: Awards and Prizes on Main Stage
7:10pm: Musik Fest (featuring Polen Band)
5k Standard Registration, includes Family Fun Walk (only 150 available) = $35.00
Family Fun Walk Registration (only 50 available) = $25.00
Virtual Run Registration = $35.00
Included in Standard Registration:
5k registrations will include chip timing, and ALL registrations will include custom race shirt, post race food and drink, and a goodie bag filled with all kinds of awesomeness, including a BOCO souvenir “JPM” face mask!
Included in Virtual Run Registration:
The JPM custom race shirt and goodie bag contents, including a Polen Band CD and BOCO souvenir “JPM” face mask, will be physically mailed to you.
The top Male and Female finishers in the 5k will each be awarded a $100 gift card to Vertical Runner of Wooster. (“Virtual Run” participants are not eligible for prizes.)
About the Course:
This 5k course starts and finishes at Apple Creek Park and gives you a cool tour of the community